- How does the process work?
A film with the desired pattern is cut to size and laid on top of water, it is sprayed with a chemical and the part to be processed is pushed through the pattern. This ensures that the water pressure pushes the pattern onto the part.
- How durable is the finish?
Once processed and the pattern applied, the item is coated with an automotive clear coat lacquer to protect it, the resulting finish is as durable as the paintwork on your car.
- What can be coated?
Anything non porous that can be submerged in water and be painted can be coated, Metal, plastic, wood etc. Electronics such as games consoles, controllers, laptops, phones etc can be coated as long as all water sensitive components are removed from the casings allowing the casing to be processed safely. (Items sent to us should be disassembled by the customer before sending)
- How many patterns do you have to choose from?
There are thousands of different patterns available, we try to keep a stock of the most popular but if we dont have what you want, ask us and we can get it.
- Can I have my own design on my items?
Yes, If you cant find something suitable in the vast range of available patterns, we can have your design printed onto a film but there is a large minimum order qty. This service is more suited to a large production order.
WHAT TO DO NEXT ?
So you have chosen A.i. Hydrographics Inc to coat your items, this is what you need to do next.
1. Decide on your pattern- Choose from our wide selection of patterns or ask for suggestions, we are always happy to help.
2. Chose your base coat color
3. Chose your finish- Matt, Gloss or satin finish
4. Get in touch for a final quote and to check that your chosen pattern and paint colors are in stock.
5. Remove or dismantle the parts/items you wish to send to us. We may be able to assist local customers with this for a small charge.
6. Pay half the quote upfront and the rest on receipt.
*FIREARMS-Must be dismantled and degreased and the action removed prior to posting. We do have the services of a local gunsmith who can help with this for a nominal charge if required.
6. Package your item well and post to us using a recorded delivery service that insures your item for its full value. To save you money we use the same packaging to return your item so make sure it is suitable for return-If we need to use new packaging there may be a fee involved. Enclose a note with your contact details and what we are doing for you.
7. When we receive your item we will contact you to confirm receipt.
8. Make payment either by Cash, Bank transfer, paypal or credit card payments*
Important- Parts will not be returned until full payment is received!
9. Once payment is received we will package up your item and post back to you using our next day courier service or you can collect in person should you wish.
10. Finally……. You receive your item and become another satisfied customer of Aqua Illusion Hydrographics Inc